Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location:Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations:Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date:11/06/2017
Number of Positions:1.0
Salary Range:Entry rate is $22.40/hour which is 85% of full rate of $26.35/hour
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns and taking appropriate action.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Handle all Inbound and Outbound U.S. Mail, UPS, FedEx
Work with postage machines and other postage/mail equipment
Deliver & pick up mail to various locations on the BNSF Fort Worth corporate campus
Maintain records on all UPS and FedEx packages received
Assist with monitoring inventory of supplies and supply deliveries
Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
TYPING REQUIREMENT: This position requires successful candidates to take and pass a typing test, administered through BNSF. The minimum net typing rate required for this position is (25-35) wpm.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- BNSF is a drug-free company and employees will be subject to random drug tests
- Willing to submit to an employment, criminal and driving background review
- Available to work in the geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Available to work a 40-hour work week subject to overtime that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs, bend, stand and kneel, and, walk for the majority (90%) of the shift
- Able to type, without errors, at the required speed as indicated by the job posting
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable training and/or work experience in an administrative function within an office environment
- Able to handle multiple projects and duties simultaneously, accurately input data into computer systems and sit for long periods of time
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point and Access) and have used it in school and/or at work
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable training and/or work experience resolving internal and/or external customer issues via telephone and/or email correspondence
- Thorough working knowledge of rules and regulations of USPS, UPS, Fedex
TRAINING:Company paid on the job training is provided.
RELOCATION:Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
WORK CONDITIONS:Indoor, office environment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 90days.
SHIFTS/HOURS:Typically, shifts are 8 hours/day Monday Friday with working hours between 7:00 am 6:00 pm.
UNION:Transportation Communications Union.
DUES:Per the collective bargaining agreement, union membership and monthly dues are required.
All positions require medical review:
- Medical evaluation
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at(link removed) style="line-height:1.6">BENEFITS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at(link removed).
SF:MO|Admin/Other Trades; Transitioning Military|Labor Relations|Fort Worth,TX|76131
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 67660642 fortworth