Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 4:52 PM
As a Maintenance Mechanic in the Maintenance Department reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing support for the daily execution of the maintenance departments operating plan. Working with the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Technicians, Operations, and Safety, Mechanics support department productivity and quality of workmanship for the purpose of increasing overall availability and reliability of equipment.
Implement strategic vision for maintenance and reliability to correct, coordinate, and support plant maintenance functions by: (65):
- Supporting plans to reduce breakdowns, improve planned maintenance, optimize scheduled maintenance, and effectively execute down:day events;
- Maintaining the facility in a safe manner and to a standard level of equipment availability;
- Participating in the wash up day planning, half:time, and follow:up meetings;
- Incorporating plant delay items into weekly wash ups;
- Maintaining close contact with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure maintenance activities occur with minimal disruption to production operations;
- Recommending improvement in maintenance and operational procedures; and
- Capturing and recording necessary equipment and material history;
- Working with storeroom personnel to order replacement parts.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Maintenance Mechanic position balances priorities, manpower, material, and equipment availability to improve individual efficiency and performance.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for completing projects, troubleshooting and maintaining production equipment.
Scope of Position:
The Maintenance Mechanic will support all maintenance and facilities activities. These duties will include electrical, mechanical, lubrications, safety, engineering, and reliability functions to assist the maintenance department with increased reliability and availability of equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and continual diligence about follow:up.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Well organized, with the ability to multi:task.
- Knowledgeable of root cause and fault tree analysis techniques.
- Ability to thrive in a fast:paced environment.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage the flow of all required information and documentation.
- Ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
- 3 or more years maintenance experience in a continuous operating (24/7) manufacturing environment.
- Strong electrical and mechanical technical knowledge.
- Experience working with a CMMS
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes free full medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day with James Hardie for employee only, minimal cost for family coverage; 6 dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program; Tuition reimbursement; Free lunch Friday; Generous paid vacation and holidays; Job training and development; Life insurance; Disability Income Protection (STD); Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program; Discount tickets for amusement parks, recreation sites and movies, and much more
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a 1.5 billion world leader in fiber:cement technology. As the world leader in fiber:cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the
• Location: cleburne, Fort Worth
• Post ID: 77559077 fortworth