Outpatient Transplant Clinic
Medical City Fort Worth
Full Time w/Call Expectation
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. MCFW serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
· Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
· Accredited AMI Program
· Accredited Stroke Center
· Cardiovascular center of Excellence
· Critical Care Unit – RN
· The counties’ most premier Transplant services facility- Fort Worth Transplant Institute
Find out more about our dynamic world-class, cutting edge Transplant Services Team here. We are changing the face of Transplant Medicine. At Medical City Fort Worth, There is a Difference. Come be a part of our greatness.
The ideal candidate will perform all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments, and consultation with our transplant patients. As an integral part of our Transplant team will be performing the important task of educating patients about the disease process, transplant evaluation process and post-operative care following transplant. The NP will assist in executing the prescribed treatment plan for transplant patients.
· Assesses patients to assist physician in determining a diagnosis and treatment plan. .
· Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
· Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
· Carries out physician orders.
· Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
· Manages patient's pain.
· Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
· Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care with in the unit.
· Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Essential Professional Requirements:
· Minimum of 3 years as a prescribing Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a Transplant based environment.
· Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred.
· Licensed Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner from the Texas State Board of Nursing.
· Must have prescriptive authority.
Why work for HCA?
Contact our corporate recruiter Shelley Gabriel at (972)345-1587 or Shelley.Gabriel@HCAhealthcare.com, if you have questions about this position and others that might be coming up.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00073-87782&lang=en
• Post ID: 48291826 fortworth