Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 5:22 PM
Registered Nurse MICU
Medical City of Ft. Worth
Medical City of Fort Worth is a 320-bed facility offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care. Plaza serves as a tertiary referral center for Tarrant County and other counties within a 90-mile radius.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Medical City of Fort Worth continues to achieve national recognition. But, our greatest honor doesn’t come just from awards. It comes from helping people live happier, healthier lives through cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.
· Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
· Accredited AMI Program
· Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
· Magnet Re-designation December 2015
MICU a place to call home!
The MICU at Plaza Medical Center is one of 4 intensive care units. With a family-like environment this unit is a great place to work. The relationships between physicians and nursing are highly valued at Plaza Medical Center. Multiple training opportunities, including CRRT, Impella, IABP, and induced hypothermia are provided. Tuition reimbursement is offered to all Full Time employees which proves we are invested in your career advancement.
The MICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
· Assesses, plans, and evaluates patient care needs.
· Carries out physician orders.
· Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
· Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
· Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
· Instructs and educates patients and families.
· Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Serves as a team player and assists fellow coworkers with care of patients
Minimum Position Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred.
· ADN nurses required to begin bridge to BSN within 2 years of employment.
· Current licensure as an RN required
· Current BLS and ACLS certifications required
· Prefer a minimum of 1 year Acute Care RN experience
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00073-87111&lang=en
• Location: Fort Worth
• Post ID: 48611614 fortworth