Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Larry Blumberg and Assoc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- The essential function of the Maintenance Technician is to make sure all mechanical areas of the hotel are operating correctly while working within the preventative guidelines set forth by The Company.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking and communicating.
- For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 100 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, climb ladders, crawl, kneel and be low to the ground when necessary, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- The methods, practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in a variety of building and mechanical trades.
- Occupational hazards in the use of power tools and equipment, and of necessary safety precautions.
- Repairs and maintenance of furniture and fixtures within the hotel.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Guidelines for training checklist of areas to be maintained.
- Follow The Company procedures and policies.
- Use and care of hand and power tools and equipment appropriate to the area assignment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs as well as general maintenance on property grounds.
- Assist with guest issues, be professional and maintain a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Respond to all maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform general minor repairs to in house plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems.
- Ability to diagnose malfunctions and defects in mechanical and similar equipment and to determine adequate corrective measures.
- Communicate effectively with staff and upper management.
- Practice Safety Standards at all times.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Comply to all standards.
- Remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
- Computer knowledge is helpful.
- Work unsupervised and follow all guidelines.
- Maintain facility using consistent preventative maintenance guidelines.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment is in working order.
- Perform tasks as assigned: preventative maintenance, repairs, complete documentation.
- Assist with houseman duties when assigned.
- All other duties as assigned and within the realm of physical capabilities.
- Standing, bending, stretching, walking for long periods of time.
- Maintain a friendly professional image.
- Able to work shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge of: electricity, ac and plumbing along with a working knowledge of preventative maintenance.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001GKC&lang=en
• Post ID: 62308393 fortworth